Nothing defines the architectural style of your home as much as the siding. For a new house the siding defines the home’s beauty. For your existing home, properly selected replacement siding can change and improve its looks .The wide range of siding, material, color, shapes and sizes offer a multitude of changes that can enhance or alter your home’s architectural style and improve its appeal. With so much that can be done it is recommended that for the best possible job an expert familiar with home siding be asked for advice, an expert such as a Caswell representative. (Hint: For re-siding jobs, it is best to determine if window replacement is called for, and if so, then thewindows should be replaced before siding.)
Quality of New Siding Materials.
There is an amazing range of sidings available to the homeowner and they are vastly superior indurability, weather resistance and pest resistance to products available just a few years ago. A selection may be made from a broad range of appearances that are priced attractively, warranted for long periods and very good looking.
Siding Materials available.
Siding is produced in a range of excellent materials, including:
- Wood in pine, cedar or redwood. The traditional siding material that looks great when new but requires a high level of maintenance to keep-up the appearance.
- Aluminum , which has been used for decades, is pre-painted, very durable and looks good for a decade or more. Unfortunately, the color coat oxidizes over time and will look shabby; paint-ability is poor.
- Vinyl , colored clear through, backed with rigid foam, is a good imitator of wood both in appearance and feel. Vinyl can be purchased with a variety of textures, is very durable, requires very little maintenance and is an excellent choice for both new and used homes. Painting vinyl siding is not recommended.
- Concrete Fiber , a time tested material, once supplied in shingle shapes only, has been updated and now comes in a full range of shapes . Very durable, requires minimal maintenance and will take paint readily if a color change is desired.
Accent stone is more costly but yields a very dramatic appearance . Tough, durable with very little required maintenance.
Shapes and Finishes.
The shapes and finishes in which siding is now available allows the owner to define the house uniquely and dramatically . For example vinyl and fiber cement are available as:
- Lapped (typical of most wood-sided houses.)
- Vertical siding – panels.
- Vertical siding – board and batten.
- Shingles – straight.
- Shingles – staggered Wood – deep grained.
- Wood – smooth finish Wood – planks.
To Get the Best Looking Job, Talk to Caswell.
A Caswell Window and Door Company representative really knows siding. Caswell has seen many homes re-sided, they know what will look really good on your home and what won’t. Discuss with him the many possible solutions, pick his brain and benefit from fifty years of experience. Using Caswell’s expertise will likely prove to be a quicker, more efficient path to making the best decision.
Selecting a Contractor.
Ask for referrals, over 90% of Caswell Window and Door Company’s jobs come from referrals. Caswell is your best bet to install the new siding, it is what they do, have done for fifty years, and continue to do very well. The siding installers are long term associates of Caswell and they work for the same guy who sells the siding – the owner. Caswell installers are real pro’s and they want the same thing the owner wants, beautiful siding, installed expertly , on-time, on-budget with minimum aggravation.
“Caswell Window and Door Company is your best choice for siding and its installation, you’ll never go wrong by hiring the best.”